SliceX, TrackX Bundle Tips and Tricks
SliceX / TrackX bundle - buy both products and save $50!
The SliceX / TrackX powered by Mocha bundle gives you all the powerful freeform shape masking tools in SliceX and the ability to track layers and insert graphics with TrackX. Altogether its 15 powerful plugins that you can use to achieve many common tasks that would previously require extensive work in a compositing program like Apple Motion or Adobe After Effects.
If you already purchased SliceX with Mocha you can get TrackX for only $49 by contacting us with your previous order details.
Watch the video to see all the potential uses of SliceX / TrackX. Track Flares, Replace Screens, Track Text, Track Graphics...
TrackX uses the same Academy Award winning Mocha tracking technology as SliceX. Track text or graphics to follow background motion directly in FCP X. Insert floating lower thirds tracked to people, replace screens or signs, all with one step and no need to use another compositing package.
Tips and things to watch out for
- TrackX generators track the clip they are connected to. Connected clips always connect down to the primary storyline, so you must have your background that you wish to track on the primary storyline. Having a gap ot audio there won't work.
- If you wish to apply TrackX to multi-cam clips you have to apply it to the clip inside the angle editor. Trying to apply it to multicam clips on the top level is not supported.
- SliceX has also been updated so that you can now delete bad track data and manually keyframe, for example if the object you are tracking gets occluded. Please see this tutorial for details (tutorial shows TrackX but the same workflow applies to SliceX.
- TrackX cannot track clips that are stabilized using the built in stabilizer in FCP X. If you need to stabilize a clip and then track an object, you can use CoreMelt Lock & Load, but you need to make sure that TrackX is applied first and then Lock & Load above it on the effects stack.
- If you run into any issues please try optimizing your media first and then try applying TrackX again.
- Watch the detailed tutorials below for further information.
Track lower thirds and text with Simple Tracker
Screen replacements and signs with Track Layer
Some video footage supplied by ArtBeats
Try it yourself, free 15 day trial available